Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Picking Up Rocks Too


I’M NOT DISTURBED by Cynthia Rucryst

I’m disturbed!
And all the little niggling
Gremlins are having a ball.
I mean, literally.
They are playing Dodge Ball in my brain—
Bouncing not a soft rubbery ball,
But a hard basketball against the walls
Of my brain casing.
They disturbed my sleep at 4 a.m.
With all their little games

And it has become harder and harder
To find my equilibrium!
Especially when they try convincing me
That I’m disturbed,
When I know I’m not,
Except when they disturb my sleep
And equilibrium.
So, I’m going to take drastic measures
I’m taking a firewoman’s water hose
And washing
those nasty little beasts out,
then filling the cavity up again with poetry!
That always works!
They hate poetry,
Especially when it’s about them!
It’s all quite disturbing
But I’ll regain my footing, soon,
Because underneath it all, I’m not really disturbed.
I’m not really disturbed,
I’m not disturbed,
really, honest,
I’m not, really, I’m not… 

(c) Cynthia Rucryst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments too! Please keep them in the spirit of the Group.